Friday, January 9, 2009

2008












So, we have now entered 2009, but before blogging about that, I would like to take a moment to look back at the highlights of 2008.

2008 was a big year for my family and I. My little boy turned one and my little girl was born. My sister and brother in law came back to Canada to visit not just once, but twice. I experienced my final pregnancy and started a new chapter of my life. I officially became a stay at home mother when my maternity leave ran out without me returning to work. Then, I started a small business selling hair clippies which gave me a creative outlet, something I hadn't even realized I needed.

I learned more about myself and my style of parenting. I successfully breastfed and continued to breastfeed Sweetpea and finally forgave myself for stopping with Spud. I admitted that I am "one of those people" and embraced the label of an attachment parent.

As a person, I am constantly evolving and changing. I feel like, since becoming a mother, I am seeing new sides of myself I never realized existed. Now, the challenge becomes: how to embrace the mother in myself while still maintaining my sense of self? My children are the centre of my world and being a mother is integral to that, but I am still a woman, an artist, a hiker, a knitter, a gardener, and so much more.

Bring on 2009!

1 comment:

ms.djinn said...

I feel honoured to have made your list of highlights for the year!! Hopefully 2009 will be an even better year even though I'll probably only be be back for one visit this time ;).