Saturday, January 24, 2009

I sold the swing :(

Yesterday evening, I sold our rainforest swing.

We bought the swing when Spud was about a month old and I often wished we had bought it sooner. He loved it. I could pop him in there for a few minutes of hands-free time. When he wouldn't take a nap, the swing was often what convinced him. I also have memories of his 3 am awake times when I would pop him in the swing. I would drowsily look on while he would babble and coo.

Sweetpea? Well, not so much. Sweetpea tried to sit up in it and would tip hersef towards the side within a month and a half. She might tolerate it for 5 minutes before screaming to get out.

So, it was time to sell it. Sweetpea never really took to it that well and Spud is obviously too big for it. It is a popular swing with a good resale value, so we got a good price on it. I should be happy, right?

While I am happy, it is with mixed feelings. I have no particular attachment to the swing itself, but rather to what it represents. This is the first baby item we are getting rid of. One of the big ticket items we bought for Spud and then kept for a future sibling. Getting rid of it means that Sweetpea is growing up. And it means we are not having another baby.

It isn't even that I want another baby. I am quite happy with my two munchkins and I have that feeling of completeness when I look at my family. That feeling that this is how my family is supposed to be. But, there is something about little babies and knowing that while I may hold somebody else's, I will never have a little newborn of my own again.

Anyways, the swing went to a very nice couple who is expecting their first in a few days. Hopefully their new baby will enjoy it as much as Spud and more then Sweetpea.



1 comment:

xmomx said...

Aw! I love the swing pics. It's so cute seeing such a little Spud.