Wednesday, October 1, 2008

4:00 AM

I am starting to really dislike the hours of 4 - 6 am. The reason I dislike them is because those are hours when I should be asleep, but lately have been awake.

The last week, Sweetpea has been waking up around 4:00 to eat. Now, I accept the fact that she is going to wake up during the night to eat. She is only 6.5 weeks old and when you decide to become a parent, you sign up for that. However, I would really like it if, after eating, she would go back to sleep. But she doesn't. She has wide open eyes and simply won't settle and fusses and cries when I lay her down or even lay down with her.

Somehow I was blessed with 2 children that just don't sleep well.

Now, maybe it's my fault. My parenting style has been described as attachment parenting. While I am hesitant to use the label, there are definetely aspects of it that I can't deny I follow. One of those is that I won't leave my children to cry it out.

So, here I sit, with my baby in a wrap, bouncing up and down on an exercise ball while I add an entry to my blog. Meanwhile, I know that my husband is upstairs sleeping in Spud's bed with him, because he woke up a couple hours ago and wouldn't go back to sleep without a cuddle.

Surely the day will come when both of my children sleep through the night. It has to. I'm just not holding my breath expecting it soon.

No comments: